Sunday, April 7, 2013

Growing as a trader


Every trader has its own beginnings, his/her excitement, failures, frustration and fulfillments. But most of them go though the same stages where they grow into successful traders, or give up trading in the end.

Beginner Stage:
I started like every one else does, hearing about people making money from the stock market. So wanting to earn more, I started picking up books to read. There are so many books out there talking about investing, picking value stocks, how to calculate PE ratio etc. It got me excited. So after gaining all the knowledge, I went to open a trading account, made many calculations to find the valued Singapore stocks. Found a few, so I bought a few to try it out. What did I buy? Most of them penny stocks which I thought they will be gems cause they are really undervalued according to my calculations. In the end it did not rise as much as I expected, instead they all went down. I was invested during the peak of 2007 and the beginning of the biggest stock crash. Like a all emotional suckers, I held and held and the prices went further down. So I gave up and cut losses. Not a good start. Next tried another stock which seems to have a good value. Bought it and also came down. Everything crashed when Leman Bros. crashed. Pretty burnt.

Next stage.......... stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment